If you are a parent of a toddler, you would know that kids are picky eaters and they get very difficult when it comes to healthy eating. As a parent, it is very tiring to see your kids running away from fruits. Fruits, when served as it may not look appealing to your kids. However, we cannot let them miss on fruits as they are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals which are very important for the proper development of your child. Eating according to the nutrition chart, is a must to avoid any growth delays in your kid. Here are a few fruity recipes that your kid will enjoy to relish on:
- Banana pancakes – You don’t have to worry if the banana is your kid’s least favourite fruit. There are so many ways to incorporate bananas in child’s meal. Banana pancakes can be made easily, and they taste delicious.
You will need the following ingredients to make a banana pancake:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Sugar according to taste
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- One banana (ripe)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- A small quantity of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Take another bowl and mash one ripe banana after whisking eggs, vanilla and milk together. Also, add butter and whisk it well.
- Now mix this mixture with the flour mixture that we prepared earlier. The batter should be of thick consistency.
- Now on a saucepan pour the mixture and fry it according to the preferred shape and size.
- Fruit and yoghurt smoothies – Fruit smoothies are the best way to make your kid eat fruits. This recipe has the goodness of both yoghurt and fruits that your kid will love to have!
- 2 cups of yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries and peaches each
- 1 cup pineapple slices
- Blend all the fruits and yoghurt in a blender until it becomes smooth.
- You can serve this to your kid in a glass with a favourite colored straw to make it more attractive.
- You can also use avocado as it also makes a creamy smoothie, and it also provides your kid with healthy fats.
- Frozen fruit candies – Kids love candies and ice creams. You can make your kid eat fruits by preparing frozen fruit pops. It is a dessert that your kid will never forget!
- 3 cups of yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries and strawberries
- Half a cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Blend fruits, lemon juice and salt together and then add honey into it. Now add yoghurt to the mixture. Pour the mix into pop moulds and insert a stick made up of wood in it.
- Let it freeze for 4-6 hours until the wooden sticks have strongly adhered to the mixture.
Above given healthy fruit recipe will make your kid avoid junk food, and these recipes will also allow them to enjoy their snack time.